Saturday 1 June 2013

Roja Dove Parfums....Damage Parfum & Rose De Mai candle

That's me...a crow! A crow.....crowing with sheer joy!
Because of this.............................................
I received a gift of: Danger Parfum & a Rose De Mai Candle.
I did the make up/grooming for a shoot with Roja Dove the perfumer this week, some beautiful portraits and a few shots for an impending launch.

To spend time with Roja was such an honour and to talk about favourite fragrances that no longer exist, I am in total awe of his knowledge and passion. Perfume is his life....! He is literally the most respected *voice* in the world of fragrance and he is the creator of a range of award winning perfumes and candles. He has an equivalent of a perfume *atelier* in Harrods that stocks some of the most amazing fragrances and also he creates bespoke perfumes for private clients.
Roja also creates his own line of parfums and candles and at the end of the shoot he gave me: Danger and a Rose De Mai candle as a gift.

The fragrance is literally intoxicating and it is such a beautiful thing to smell it on a scarf or a coat from the day before. I have had compliments as it is a fragrance that when people lean in close and they can they smell it which is kind of how it is when you are a make up artist essentially.

Danger is a little sweet, has great depth and is definitely sexy but is so beautifully blended that it is never too obvious. It contains some of my all time favourite ingredients in a composition with a rich, deep, dark base with a floral exquisite heart and a zesty citrus top note :

Top Note: Bergamot,Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, Verbena
Heart: Gardenia, Jasmine de Grasse, Rose De Mai, Violet, Ylang Ylang
Base note: Vanilla , Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Musk

I could wax lyrical about the fragrance but it would literally not do it justice, may I make a bold suggestion and the next time that you are either in Harrods or in a purveyor (doesn't feel right calling it a common or garden shop :)  of very fine merchandise such as:  Roja's parfums please do go and have a little test, it is incredible.

Rose de Mai candle- I am yet to burn this- but what I do know is that...............Rose De Mai is so precious a rose that it ispurported to be the earthly the scent of angels. It is a delicate pink rose that is particular to Grasse in the South of France. I am keeping the candle until it feels like the right time to light it, until then I will gaze adoringly at it :)

http://www.rojadove.com/#/intro