Friday 5 April 2013

Beauty steal.....Killer Curves Mascara from Collection cosmetics... Review.

Collection- Killer Curves Mascara- Ultra Black £2.99 8ml
I do like to have a mooch in Lloyds pharmacy (in fact I will have a mooch in pretty much any pharmacy) my local Lloyds sells La Roche Posay (say no more) and I of course always have a look at the cosmetics too (force of habit).
I purchased this for £2.99 on my last visit (t'was on special) from the re-vamped what was collection 2000 and is now TV announcer's voice *Collection Cosmetics*, I am ALWAYS trying new mascaras for me and the kit as you just never know.....! This was the price of a coffee which kind of span me out. I was very, very pleasantly surprised!

What they say:

Killer curves deliver unrivalled curve and volume to your lashes. Unleash your inner Marilyn and flaunt your curves - killer curved brush delivers maximum curve to even the smallest of lashes!
Enhanced with latex polymers to set lashes for lasting curve and voluptuous volume


My review:
Pros:

  • A very generous 8ml
  • Well pigmented
  • A decent coverage mascara that gives length and thickness
  • A definite *volumizing* effect to the lashes
  • A drier mascara that does not smudge nor flake
  • Non irritating
  • Spoolie brush with a curved hourglass shape excellent for catching all lashes
  • Really *holds* lashes after using eyelash curlers.
  • Price point... £2.99

Cons:

  • From what I can see it only comes in black
  • I cannot say that it enhanced the curve of my lashes if I did not curl
  • It is a *drier* mascara texture which is not for everyone


For the price point it is excellent and I will definitely try other mascaras from the range. I have had a look and without the dealio it retails from £3.99-£4.99