Wednesday 20 February 2013

My favourite fragrance of all time.......Molecule 01.

Molecule 01 £64.50
What they say:Molecule 01 contains only the aroma-chemical Iso E Super, which, on its own, is less of a fragrance than an effect. The wearer may notice a subtle, velvety, woody note which will vanish, then re-surface after some time. More than this, she or he will notice the impact the fragrance has on other people, because Molecule 01 lends an indefinable allure to the wearer. In fact, its effect is almost pheromonic.

My 1st encounter: A woman passed me by and she was wearing the most incredible fragrance I had ever, ever encountered, it was complex literally to the point of being indescribable and so incredible that I had to ask her what fragrance she was wearing and she told me, that was it for me! I have been wearing this (mixed with other fragrances) for a long time.

Out of every fragrance I have ever worn it is the one that I have had the most compliments/comments about. It isn't for everyone as some people really can't smell it and neither can they smell it on themselves (I always imagine like a whistle that is attuned to such a high pitch that only dogs can hear) but it is also the one that people who smelt it on me have then gone and tried it and were disappointed. It has been described to me as the emperor's new clothes  of fragrance and I do understand as when you spray it does not *envelope* you like a traditional fragrance, it definitely has a *woody* unisex aroma that literally comes and goes over the day. It makes me feel so happy when I wear it and although I don't smell the constant fragrance during the day, I do smell it in my hair, on my clothes and I am literally in love with this fragrance. Every now and again I smell it on someone else and it is literally incredible!!! Because I do mix it with a dash of this and a spritz of the other it doesn't smell the same on me all of the time, but I LOVE this fragrance, it is literally like liquid Alchemy.

Today: I have mixed it with a little Clive Christian.

Cult Beauty, Libertys & Harvey Nichols sell it (try Libertys & HN to sniff before you buy).
My all time favourite mix is: Molecule 01 and Chanel Cristalle EDP (magic).