Saturday 29 December 2012

Review.... Benefit they're Real Mascara.





they're real! mascara
Benefit: they're real £18.50

What they say:

they're real! lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
What else you need to know:94% saw dramatic length & volume**
90% saw base-to-tip curl**
94% saw visible lift**
100% saw long-wearing results**
 Pros:
  • Loved the brush, it is plastic and the *spikes* have movement so are flexible along the lash line.
  • Like the *ball* on the end of the wand great for intensifying the mascara for a more dramatic look and also catches shorter lashes beautifully.
  • Lengthening
  • Great richly pigmented shade, a deep black
  • Non irritating formulation.

Cons:
  • Very *wet* formulation, it reminded me of the consistency of the old NARS mascara which was also very *wet*.
  • I found it smudged by the end of the day (over several days) I had not changed my skincare/eye cream.
  • I personally found it lengthening only, I did not find it volumising or curling.
  • As it is quite wet, you have to wait a little if you want to apply more than one coat.
Overview: I persevered with this as I absolutely hated it on my 1st try, I have grown to like it but not LOVE it, I personally would not re-purchase it and neither use it in my kit as I would be concerned about the *smudging*, If you are looking for a very lengthening mascara with a rich pigment, then this could be for you, But I would personally try with: an oil free eye cream and an oil free under eye concealer to minimise the potential for smudging. But I will keep and sanitize the brush to use with a richer/thicker mascara as an experiment as I think the brush is exceptional.