Sunday 28 October 2012

Boots No7 Fanomenal Lashes mascara review

I made a trip to Boots to buy a new mascara to test for myself  and I decided to try a Boots No7 mascara. At £12.50 it is definitely not the most reasonable price wise but I chose it because the brush looked interesting and the texture was quite rich and creamy.

Definitely a *premium* look to the mascara.
What they say: " Our Unique *star* brush coats lashes from corner to corner whilst separating and adding volume to create a fuller lash fan" Hypoallergenic.
Detail of the brush.
 Pros:
  • It definitely added volume to my mid length (fine lashes).
  • It lengthened & separated lashes
  • No flaking
  • Lasted without smudging til the end of day
  • No irritation
  • Removes easily with a bi-phase remover (I used Pixi)
  • Each lash is coated with a generous amount of mascara without *clumping*
Cons:
  • Although *black* it was a soft black- would like a more intensely pigmented/darker option
  • It feels quite *stiff* on lashes (would be great after curling to *hold* lashes in place) but on fragile lashes may be a little drying/dehydrating.
  • The brush is fantastic but I did not necessarily see a *fan effect* on my lashes.
This mascara definitely compares favourably with the very high end mascaras but I would not say it is quite a *holy grail* but I would definitely purchase again.
Applied 1 coat of mascara with no other eye make up.
But let's face it no mascara will give me lashes like my 7 year old son- Meh :) but that's evolution I suppose ha ha.