Monday 2 April 2012

Tom Ford...... make up review.

I am of course always searching for the perfect base for my kit and myself, I took a look at the Tom Ford range and bought a few things to try out and see (tentatively) whether they would make it into my kit. The range in its entirety looks beautiful with opulent packaging and incredibly wearable/flattering shades for eyes, cheeks, lips & nails. Some of the shades are going to be modern classics and are iconic Tom Ford shades. It is by no means a range that is about value, the price for complexion  for example the foundation is £60.00

But I was very interested in the *bases* as flawless looking skin means that colour is just gilding the lily.

Illuminating Protective Primer with SPF 12- This is a light hydrating lotion with a pearlised effect, it gives a subtle lustre to the skin and definitely prolongs your foundation as well as giving  the skin a flattering *airbrushed* effect.
Traceless Foundation SPF 15- Shade 04 Bisque- For me this was the most impressive and I am definitely going to increase the shade ranges and add this to my kit. It is a light textured liquid that blends imperceptibly into the skin, it is that illusive *second skin* whereby skin looks perfected with a beautiful slightly dewy finish.
Illuminating Highlight Pen- Shade 06 Dusk Bisque- This for me is a bit of a hybrid product- It has similar properties to the ubiquitous YSL-Touche Eclat, it gives a radiance and cuts shadows  but... it definitely has more pigment and gives you a well rested look and looks gorgeous swept across the cheek bones and across the lid to really maximise a wide-awake look in seconds.
Illuminating Powder- Shade 01 Translucent- There is no loose powder in the range,  which I find strange. But as powders go, this really is whisper light and invisible, but I would love it if a loose powder was introduced to the range too.

Traceless foundation is the clear winner for me followed by the primer and both definitely a brilliant investment.

xxxxx