Monday, 22 August 2011
Skin needs to be a flawless base.
Model- the gorgeous Eirini.
Monday, 15 August 2011
I believe the power of a great mascara is 50% in the actual formulation and 50% about the brush, I personally love both from these 2 mascara "greats" they have a perfect balance of both.
The Givenchy mascara because of the innovative spherical brush you can coat even the smallest, lash without overloading the lash. It lengthens easily with an intense colour pay off. Precision lash effect.
Diorshow Extase is my favourite Dior Mascara- it has no "fall out" so stays immaculate looking for hours, it really adds volume to the lashes and I find despite the fact that it is quite a rich and creamy formulation it is very build able. Lush lashes.
As a "treatment" for all eyes from young and just a little dehydrated to more mature and in need of an intense moisture boost, I swear by this particular treatment "All about Eyes Serum" from Clinique. It is layer able because it is lightweight and is very soothing and de-puffing. LOVE IT, a real miracle worker.
Le Labo is an amazing perfume shop just off Marylebone High Street tucked away on Devonshire Street. I sniffed my way around every scent and kept coming back to Jasmin 17. It is a jasmin with a little citrus, sandalwood and vanilla, it is feminine and Jasmin is a classic but this definitely has a modern twist and I am so happy to have found a scent that is so different and yet so familiar.
Interestingly the original version of Chanel's Christal is a blend of Jasmin with citrus, I used to wear this as a teenager, so although I have outgrown the scent I used to wear over 20 years ago this new scent feels strangely like coming home.
Check out Le Labo
Or at Liberty:
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
These are just my basic snaps - not re-touched, I always take my own picture as I am going to make sure that the make up "performs" in photos.
The "look" was a super natural/barely there look, the make up was before the hair and Rebecca was going to have a loose ballerina bun.
Cleanse, tone, moisturise
- Flawless & poreless primer
- Sheerbase foundation mixing 1/2 & 1/2 No.2 & No.3 to make 2 and a 1/2 I guess :)
- Correction concentrate to erase dark circles under the eyes
- Nude shade wardrobe on the eyes to give a "Fresh", defined look highlighting the inner corner of the eye.
- Black endless silky eye pencil touched into the lashes and then blended out.
- Curled lashes with Shu Uemura curlers and 2 coats of Voluptuous lash mascara
- Natural shade of sheer cheek gel (for a soft flush of pink)
- Vintage rose Lip & line for an "enhanced" lip colour with berry balm over the top for a dewy finish.
Make up- grooming, less is more, everything has to be imperceptible but flawless.
Skincare: Cleanse- moisturise with an oil (that penetrates immediately) .
- Flawless Beauty stick #3, just blended in wherever needed
- correction concentrate to neutralize dark circles
- vanilla lip balm
- lash booster mascara mixed with a tiny bit of lip balm to define the lashes
- Sunkissed sheer cheek gel (ultra sparingly across the cheekbones)
- Finished with the flawless beauty powder in #3 for a velvet/matte finish.
- brows just brushed into shape
Sunday, 7 August 2011
Always nice to have a nosey around someones make up bag :), I will of course post some more xxx
M's mum looks so proud- job well done.
It was at the gorgeous boutique hotel Stoke Place, the whole thing just came together beautifully phew!!!!